Electrical Fire On Toul Kork Street
Phnom Penh: At about 10 on the night of November 5, 2021, a fire broke out near the old Toul Kork roundabout along Street 289 in Sangkat Boeung Kak II, Khan Toul Kork, Phnom Penh.
According to sources, before the incident, they saw an electricity box explode, and cause huge flames. People rushed out to extinguish the blaze.
The same source said that after a while, suddenly, the box caught on fire again, so the police called two fire trucks to prevent it from spreading to houses. Police confirmed that they used two fire trucks of the Phnom Penh Municipal Police to control the fire completely and it did not spread. NKD
One thought on “Electrical Fire On Toul Kork Street”
Clearly EDC has a problem. Most Meter Boxes , even new ones are often not closed after the EDC reads the Meter and simply leaves the door open exposes everything to the rain and sun.
It also shouldn’t be a private citizen connecting the wire from the meter to his house as is often the case outside the capital. Wires hanging in trees or simply lay on the ground when the land is flooded. Nothing seems to be grounded so even the safety inside the home is compromised. This is simply unacceptable and EDC should change it’s work.