Electrical Fire Torches Cyclos

Phnom Penh: A fire broke out on August 5, 2021, along the road behind the Office of the Council of Ministers in Sangkat Mittapheap, Khan 7 Makara, Phnom Penh.

Witnesses said a electric cable caught on fire at a house. The power line then under several cyclos parked under the house, causing a huge fire. People used fire hoses and water to prevent the fire from spreading to other people’s houses. Authorities also intervened at the scene. AREY

One thought on “Electrical Fire Torches Cyclos

  • August 5, 2021 at 11:54 am

    Again faulty Electric Cables are the cause of fire destroying the lifeline for the poorest “the cyclo driver”.
    It’s time the EDC gets responsable for the entire wiring all the way to the individual house as is the norm in most countries around the world. In Cambodia EDC usually hooks up the meter and leaves the cable on the ground for the consumer to connect to the individual house which includes sometimes long distances. In Kampot’s Andong Khmer Village a life wire with broken insulation lies across the street which is used by lots of heavy loaden trucks and nobody gives a hoot until………………………..yes until someone (like kids) grab the cable and gets killed. Grounding, or the absence of it is another reason why people get electrocuted. It’s time to clean up the system.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *