Phnom Penh: The Ministry of Health issued the daily press release on the morning of 1 August 2021, confirming the discovery of 671 new positive cases of COVID-19 and 758 cases that were treated and the patients discharged. Another 23 deaths were reported.
At least 265 cases were reportedly imported, mostly from Thailand, with the other 406 classed as local infections, making around 65,541 since February 20 (with 265 imported- sources may vary slightly- another source changes wildly).
Provincial releases in past few hours (*unclear what days these have been counted as and are only added as a rough guide- due to the Ministry of Health no longer announcing the regional numbers- unsure of what the ‘cut off point’ is for the releases):
Battambang: 210 cases, 99 treated, 3 deaths, Koh Kong: 18 cases, 69 treated, Kratie: 16 cases, 8 treated, Banteay Meanchey: 301 cases, Kampong Cham: 52 cases, 11 treated, 1 death, Preah Vihear: 37 cases, 26 treated, Prey Veng: 78 cases, 81 treated, 3 deaths, Siem Reap: 97 cases, 76 treated, Stung Treng: 6 cases, 19 treated, Ratanakiri: 5 cases,
This brings the total number of cases to around 77,914 cases with 70,754 cases treated. The death toll has risen to by another 23 to 1,420
So far 1.82% cases have resulted in deaths. Please note- these numbers may not be 100% accurate
From Ah Davey B:
Stats below but some key #COVID19KH vaccine announcements today:
– 3rd dose: Sinovac/pharm people will get a third AZ, AZ people will get a 3rd Sino starting with frontline workers
– A school opening date of Sep/Oct for partial reopening was mentioned
– All adults & over 12s should have had two doses by Nov
– The first 12-17-year-olds are being vaccinated today, it will rollout first in PP, Kandal, Sihanoukville & Koh Kong
– There is also potential to vaccinate younger children
– J&J will be distributed in Tbong Khmum, which is the slowest vaccinating province (the only one with 1st doses to under 20% of adults) and on ethnic minority groups
– AZ from Japan is being given in Mondolkiri, Ratanakiri & Stung Treng so far
– Private companies will sell vaccines soon, and likely even Pfizer but no confirmation of when
– Within 2 weeks 2/3 adults will be fully vaxed (unless many many miss their 2nd dose appointments)
– Cambodia purchased 20.5 million dose of COVID-19 vaccines from China. China donated 3.2 million doses.
– 7 more vaccine doses will arrive in Aug (1M arrived today), 5M of those are Sinovac
– Home quarantine for COVID mild cases is happening in all provinces except Kandal for now