As the recent worldwide pandemic has shown, we are all at risk from the global economic downturn. With food safety often an issue in the news, and with many borders remaining closed, some have turned to methods of agriculture- as a way to guarantee fresh, safe food and also as a small business venture.
Farming might be the farthest thing from the mind of most people who wish to set up a profitable business from home. However, with hydroponic systems, you can easily set up a profitable business at home. Once synonymous with illegal home growing, nowadays hydroponic systems have gone mainstream, making it easy to grow vegetables and herbs as a profitable business at home. Some of the best hydroponic systems are designed to allow homeowners to set up a profitable farm in tight spaces like verandas or even completely indoors, you can learn more from Weekend Gardener.
ADVANTAGES OF SETTING UP A HYDROPONIC GARDEN AS A PROFITABLE BUSINESS AT HOME
Should you start an indoor farming business? Being equipped with the best hydroponic system, you would certainly benefit a lot from an indoor farm as a business. Here are some of the unique reasons why hydroponic gardening a profitable business to enter.
- Hydroponic Systems are customizable to fit small spaces – Requiring no soil with the added advantage of having the capacity to plant vertically, a hydroponic system is the most ideal system of farming indoor or for people with no backyard. Also, because hydroponic systems are readily dismantled, any person can easily redesign and customize their hydroponic system to what space available in their own home.
- People in urban areas appreciate fresh and organic hydroponic vegetables and produce – One of the biggest draws to urban gardening is the freshness of the crops made available to people in the city. As such, as a person who is looking for a profitable business at home, it would be reassuring to know that many city residents will appreciate the opportunity to find fresh vegetables in their neighborhood. As an indoor farmer, you can be that person to supply your neighborhood with the freshest and best local produce vegetables that do not damage the local environment. Your business will surely be the talk of the town!
- Indoor farming will keep your family healthy – Countless studies have shown that being near nature provides a healthier environment for individuals. In many urban areas, such kinds of places are almost non-existent. Parks had been replaced by parking lots. By setting up a hydroponic business at home, you enrich not only your own bank account but also the health and well being of your own family by creating a little green space at home.
HOW TO SET UP A HYDROPONIC PROFITABLE BUSINESS AT HOME?
So how exactly are you going to start your own hydroponic business at home? Aside from learning the best hydroponic systems to install in your own home, here are some of the very practical tips that can help you begin your journey as a business person in the comfort of your own home.
- Plan ahead – Find out what exactly your goal in setting up your own business at home and underline what you want to accomplish from your business. Using these goals, set up a target for the year. Finding your goals and setting up a set of targets would be the first step in planning. After this, you need to identify the resources you need to accomplish these targets. Create a plan of action that enumerates the step-by-step processes on how to run your little farm for the year. As well, include in your farm your strategy for marketing and selling your produce. Lastly, customize your hydroponic system based on your requirements.
- Determine your target customers – Identifying your market is key to the success of your business. Chefs, for instance, will require the same kind of produce every day for the whole year. Given the size of your operation, you will most unlikely able to fulfill the role of producer of farm fresh crops for chefs. Perhaps, you can target the health-conscious residents in your areas. This includes athletic young professionals, mothers who are introducing healthy food to their children, and even geriatric individuals who may have certain food restrictions. By identifying your customers, you better strategize your modes of marketing your produce. You can also identify what sorts of crops to plant.
- Legalize Your Business Entity – In every city, it may be hard to justify a full operation in residential areas. However, what you can legalize is your store. Once you started harvesting, you will need a way to sell your produce. Given this, you will need to have the right permit to sell and market your products. Do not forget to also make sure that all of your tax responsibilities are carefully attended. Once you start planting, you will realize that there is not much work to do since hydroponic systems are pretty much self sustaining. This would be the perfect time to legalize your business as a seller of hydroponic vegetables.
- Create an Online Presence – when doing business at home, marketing online is an important tool to capture customers. If you notice, many home businesses are reliant on the internet to market their goods. Instead of reinventing the wheel, use time-tested methods of marketing your crops. Make sure to set up publicly accessible social media accounts for your business. Your social media can even be used by people to order vegetables to you. Seriously, if you want your business to get ahead of its competition and survive, going digital is the way to go!
In conclusion, hydroponic gardening is an excellent way for people like you to start a business at home. Not only is it profitable, but hydroponic gardening can also be a therapeutic past time for any budding farmer.
Want to promote or plug a business or an idea as the corona crisis continues? Emal: firstname.lastname@example.org or send a message by the FB Messenger whatsit.