Svay Rieng Province: 174 Chinese nationals traveling in buses through Bavet International Border Gate at 7.10 pm on 24 March 2020, were taken Bavet City Hall at the Bavet City Police Inspectorate and the Municipal Police Department.
At 6:00 pm on March 25, 2020 the group were sent to Hanting Hotel,
for 14 days to monitor for symptoms of COVID-19.
Bavet city governor Lim Seang Heng said on the morning of the 25th that the authority has cooperated with immigration authorities for interrogation and asked health officials to start testing the group (*36 tests already done?).
So far there have been no signs of the virus in the group, who are being monitored. KOHSANTEPHEAP
UPDATE: The group told police that they were working in the Philippines and had suspended work due to the epidemic. They arrived at Phnom Penh International Airport from the Philippines, and then took a bus to Svay Rieng Province.
A police source said “We asked them why they came to Bavet and they said they were waiting for the travel agency to assist in buying a return flight ticket.”
He said that the health bureau had conducted health checks on them. As of noon today, they had no suspected symptoms of new coronary pneumonia.