Siem Reap province: On December 2, 2019, 28 men and women aged between 5 and 68 years old in two communes of Pouk district suffered severe food poisoning. However, there were no serious casualties.
The victims began suffering with poisoning symptoms after eating salty fish, and began arriving in Siem Reap Referral Hospital, local health centers and private clinics.
The fish seller was named as Boen Moem, a 37-year-old female resident of Kok Choun village, Puok commune, who has a stall in a local market. AREY
*This latest case of mass poisoning comes after 2 people died and over 200 were left sick after eating cucumbers tainted with what is believed to be pesticides at a Banteay Meanchey drug rehab center,