Phnom Penh: The Road Traffic Accident Report from the Ministry and National Police Commissariat states that in the first six months from January to June 2019, there were 2161 road accidents across the country, causing 1028 deaths and 3261 injuries.
The traffic accidents increased both the number of accidents, deaths and injuries compared with the first half of 2018.
The report shows that for the six-month period from January to June 2019, traffic accidents occur each month:
– In January 2019, there were 331 road traffic accidents, causing 148 deaths and 517 injuries.
– In February 2019, there were 362 road accidents, 162 deaths and 560 injured.
– In March 2019, there were 383 road accidents, causing 203 deaths and 515 injuries.
– In April, there were 405 accidents across the country, causing 200 deaths and 636 injuries.
– In May, there were 338 road traffic accidents across the country, causing 150 deaths and 487 injuries.
– In June 2019, there were 342 road accidents across the country, 165 deaths and 492 injuries.
In 2013, road accidents killed 1761 people and injured 4771 people. The number of casualties in 2018 has decreased compared to 2017. In 2017, road accidents across the country have killed 1,780 people and injured 5539 people.
In the first six months of January to June 2018, there were 1,633 road accidents across the country, killing 930 people and injuring 2399 people. According to a report by the Traffic Police Department and the Public Order of the National Police Commission.