Preah Sihanouk Province: His Excellency Yun Min, Governor of Preah Sihanouk Province, decided to resign over the building disaster that cost 28 people their lives.
With his departure in June 2019 and the new direction for the new administration he spoke on June 27, 2019, telling officials to work hard to serve the people faithfully and adopt the principle of the law.
His Excellency thanked the officials and departmental staff for their efforts and support for his leadership for almost four years, making Preah Sihanouk province improve the livelihood of the people, and hailed by officials who have worked hard to serve the people faithfully and adopted the rule of law.
Prior to his departure, he urged his sucessors to pay attention to some important points:
1. Traffic security and public order
2. Environment (Solid waste management)
3. Check legality of foreigners to business in Sihanoukville
4. Construction management, he suggested to strictly comply with legislation
5. The problem of land disputes must be resolved.
6. Managing street food and people who sell at night
7. Drainage management
8. Keep checking (?)
9. Provide (*cannot translate) in all construction sites
9. Strengthen public service to citizens; quality, transparency and accountability for local people. Commitment to work in resolving land disputes for people.
11. Strengthening administrative documents accurately.
12. Implementation of basic principles.
Although Mr. Yun Min resigned from post as provincial governor, he has a new role in the Ministry of Interior.