Kampong Speu: The horrific traffic accident between KM 85-86 on National Road 4 in Traeng Treyung, Phnom Sruoch District, Kampong Speu Province at 5:50 PM on June 8, 2019 was caused by a Virak Buntham company bus.
The HYUNDAI passenger bus ‘Phnom Penh 3E-6503’, of Virak Buntham, was driven by Choeum Sam An, 34, a Phnom Penh resident, and had 10 passengers:
1. Sang Bunsov, male, 25 years old. (dead)
2. Eva (?), 46, (dead)
3. Chan Syvutha male, 25-year-old, from Bati district, Takeo (dead)
4. Im Rev: A 35-year-old male – Kor DangKor( dead)
5. Unidentified female (dead)
6. Eung Sophan, 32, woman living in Chek village, Ou commune, Phnom Sruoch district (seriously injured)
7. Thida, female, 27 years old living in Kok Chork village, Siem Reap province (minor injury).
8. The name of Panha Panha, male, 26 years old living in Doeum Sleng village, Sangkat Chbar Ampov II, Khan Chbar Ampov, Phnom Penh (minor injury).
9. Nhem Simitharith 30 year-old male living in Anlong Karnan village, Khmum district, Khan Sen Sok, Phnom Penh (minor injury).
10. Chhuon Kwai, 43 years old, living in Kamchay Mear Village Kranhoung commune, Kamchay Mear district, Prey Veng province (minor injury)
A HIGHLANDE 2L-0071, driven by Choeng Kimhoeun 41-year-old male from Prey Tea 1 commune, Por Sen Chey district, Por Sen Chey district, Phnom Penh, with 4 passengers:
1. Kim Chek, male, 42 years old, living in Phnom Penh (died)
2. Heng Makara, male, 43, Phnom Penh (died)
3. Phoeuk Chun Chanrith, male, 37, staying in Phnom Penh (died)
4. Mrs. Eng Srey Neang, Female, 18 years old, living in Soc Trang Borey village, Choe Ra Commune, Phnom Kravanh District, Pursat Province. (died)
The third vehicle, a HYUNDAI truck 3D-7107 license plate had a unknown driver who ran away.
The accident caused
– 10 dead (two women)
– 5 injured, (three women, one seriously injured)
– Damage to 3 vehicles.
The cause was given as the Virak Buntham bus was driving too fast without caution and crossed into the Highlander. https://postnews.com.kh/local/450104