Battambang: 15 people, including children from 6 different villages were taken to hospital on May 17, 2019 in Maung Russey district after eating crabs bought from the local market.
After taking the crustaceans home to cook, people began suffering from extreme diarrhea and vomiting, and were independently taken to Maung Russey Referral Hospital. Luckily the poisonings were not life threatening.
People in the area are advised to stay away from shellfish.
*It’s not stated which crabs were involved, but as it is a long way from the sea, most likely mudcrabs.
Pictures of sick people: https://kbn.news/archives/123258