Phnom Penh: According to the Department of Traffic Police and Public Order of the National Police Commission, on May 17, 2019 there were 18 accidents across the country causing 13 deaths, 24 seriously injured and 14 others slightly injured.
Please note that for 17 days from May 1 to May 17, 2019 there were 197 accidents causing 86 deaths, 191 serious and 91 minor injuries.
The post below was started yesterday evening after seeing reports all day, but too many Black Panthers and a general depression (the images accompanying the reports were awful), it was left incomplete, until the above report confirmed, plus more.
Please take care and always wear a helmet!
Today has seen an unusually high number of serious accidents, especially as it is not a holiday (although between holidays).
- A 22 year old male motorcyclist killed, a 27 and 16 year old injured on Rd 4, Prey Nob, Preah Sihanouk.
- A 22 year old male killed and 37 year old male seriously injured in a motorcycle crash in Prey Chhey village, Ksach Kandal district.
- 36 year old male motorcyclist seriously injured on Rd 3 in Chom Chao.
- A truck crash on Rd 5 in Maung Russey, Battambang at 1.20 am left one trucker dead.
- A 6 year old and 2 year old seriously injured in Takeo after a PP-Kampot express minibus hit them on a moto.
- A 35 year old woman killed and her 6 year old daughter seriously injured after a truck hit their moto in Prey Veng at 6.50 am.
- Two 20 year old male motorcyclists killed on Rd 4 in Kampong Speu after being hit by a car which drove away.
- A 36 year old male, 23 year old male and 19 year old female killed after a land truck hit their moto in Poipet.
- 68 year old motorcyclist killed by a sand truck in Samrong Tong, Kampong Speu, driver ran away.