Faulty AC Starts Condo Fire

Phnom Penh: A fire broke out in the 5th floor of a condo building due to a power outage from an air conditioner.

The incident happened at 4:30 pm on May 15, 2019 at the 5th floor of the buildingat 50, Street 350 in Boeung Keng Kang III, Khan Chamkar Mon.

Police said that before the incident, a Chinese man staying there had locked his room and went out for several hours.

When he returned, he saw the flames and tried unsuccessfully to put out the flames with a blanket.

According to the source, after being unable to extinguish the fire, it began to spread, so the Chinese man ran downstairs and told staff to call the fire brigade.

A building supervisor took a fire extinguisher and managed to control the blaze before firefighters arrived.

Luckily the fire did not spread to other rooms and there were no injuries.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

shares