Cigarettes and Gasoline Don’t Mix

Kompong Thom province: An accident happened on April 7, 2019 on a farm in the village of Boeung Lau village, Boeung Lvea commune, Sannat Kor district, Kampong Thom province.

Police said that the victim, Pheng Chan, a 36-year-old rubber farm worker was severely burned.

According to the victim’s children, aged 8 and 10, the man was smoking, and began transferring 30 liters of petrol into smaller containers. The petrol ignited into a fireball, along with the man.

Another source said the action was deliberate after he argued with his wife (*The same story can be told many different ways in local news, but KSP story is more detailed, and photos support it).

Neighbours rushed to put out the fire, as the victim screamed in agony on the ground. He was quickly taken to a hospital and is in a serious condition.

Warning, graphic pictures in source:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *