Ratanakiri province: A man (for reasons left unexplained) decided to remove the explosive powder from several ‘cherry bomb’ style fireworks into an empty bottle M-150 energy drink.
Unfortunately, the bottle exploded, causing injuries to five people including children.
The explosion occurred at 7:30 am on Thursday March 21, 2019 in Sieng Say Village, Taveng Krom District.
Heng Saroeun, a 40-year-old man, was injured in his right leg. Soun Yuon, an 11-year-old boy, was seriously injured. Tung Sinpin, an 8-year-old was seriously injured in the stomach.
San Mak, male, 28, minor and Jang Trin, female, 26, both suffered minor injuries.
The five people live in the village. Warning: Graphic images of aftermath in this link.