Tbong Khmum: A 29 year old Khmer driver was killed instantly on March 15, 2019 at a Chinese owned stone quarry.
The Chinese company, located in Andong Leu village, Chup district, Tbong Khmum district, Tbong Khmum province, was using explosives to break rocks. The victim was standing about 250 meters when loose stones from the blast struck his head, causing death.
The High Commissioner stressed that he would carefully investigate and take legal action against the owner of the site. He said that according to the regulations, the location owner use a siren or tannoy system to warn people before setting off a charge.
Gen. Pen Rath said: “I am following the procedure and the company bosses may face charges of manslaughter because, in terms of pre-detonation, they must inform first to the people with a siren. Now we are investigating. ”
So far, the police force has detained eight people, including the head of the administration, the chief interpreter, and a Thai manager. The detention was approved by Pok Dara, a deputy prosecutor in Tbong Khmum province.