7 Year Old Dies of Poisoning in Siem Reap

Siem Reap: A young boy died and two others sent to hospital after a case of suspected food poisoning on March 12, 2019 at Doun Pro Village, Leang Dai Commune, Angkor Thom District, Siem Reap Province.

Tuk Vandy, male, 7, died.
Chheng Hong Khang, a boy of 6, and his brother Chheng Hong Khim, 5 years old, were taken to hospital. All three boys live in the village.

Police, CamControl and a GP of Angkor Thom visited the scene, to investigate.

After completing the work, a health center official concluded that the boy’s death was caused by food poisoning.

The father of the dead boy, 39-year-old Khem Thak, said that at 6:15 pm, they ate steamed fish and ripe watermelons. .

About 10 minutes after eating the food, the three boys suffered from vomiting and headaches. The family sent them to a health center, and were taken to the Kantha Bopha Children’s Hospital in Siem Reap.

The elder boy died on the way to the hospital. The two other boys were hospitalized and having treatment.

A Camcontrol official took samples to take to the lab to find the source. https://postnews.com.kh/local/421066

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

shares