Phnom Penh: Accommodation for Chinese workers on the Star City condo building project were destroyed by fire at 8 pm on January 23, 2018 in Sen Sok district.
According to witnesses, an explosion was heard from an upper room, where no workers were inside. Then, suddenly, smoke and flames shot out.
Workers inside the building were evacuated and fire extinguishers were used to try to control the blaze. Police and fire trucks then arrived on the scene, but narrow access made it difficult to reach the fire.
The fire was put out by 9 pm, but the building and everything inside was destroyed.
The fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault. https://postnews.com.kh/local/407812