Banteay Meanchey provincial police chief has said that the casino fire on January 7, 2019 in Kbal Spean Village, Poipet town, caused 6 injuries, including 5 Cambodians and a Chinese, There was also extensive damage to the building.
He said the fire broke out at 9:35 pm due to an electric malfunction in a an elevator on the fourth floor of the building.
The six victims were taken to Dang Mai Referral Hospital, but are not believed to have life-threatening injuries.
The fire was completely extinguished at 2:00 am on January 8, 2019, using 10 fire trucks.
Authorities have yet to determine the total extent of the damage caused by the blaze. Fresh News