Mystery As Reports of Man Falling From Sky, Siem Reap Airport

Siem Reap: The body of an unidentified man was taken to the provincial hospital in Siem Reap, according to a local newspaper report released this afternoon.

According to the source, the incident happened in the morning of December 31, 2018, after a person was found dead at In Siem Reap International Airport.

Various groups, including police and airport management investigating the incident found the victims’ body had broken limbs, including legs.

Other senior officials continued to interview a witness, Le Roam, a male, who said at about 10:20 am on December 31, as he was working, he saw a plane flying at about 30 meters, when somebody fell from the plane.

The person came down on a plot of land about 200 meters away.

Authorities and officials continued to check for safety cameras and found that at 5:03 am on the morning of December 31, one man was seen around an aircraft, and possibly hid in the wheels.

As of the morning of January 1, 2019, the victim has not yet been identified and police are still searching for relatives.

Update: Speaking with the Khmer Times, Brig Gen Chendareth said he found footage of the man who was walking between multiple planes and disappearing.

Based on the footage, police suspect the man climbed up one of the plane’s landing gear and fell asleep.

He noted that police officers found cut barbed wires at the scene and believe the man snuck into the airport at night.

“His body was sent to the provincial hospital and we have yet to identify him,” Brig Gen Chendareth. “We are now looking for his relatives.”

“We suspect that the victim had a mental illness,” he added, noting the death was an accident. “The person was not a terrorist.”

Major General Tith Narong, provincial chief of police, declined to comment.

Touch Malay, deputy chief of the provincial technical bureau, said police are still working on the case.

“I think that this happened because airport officials were careless. This place should be banned to the public and guarded by security – so why did this happen?” Mr Malay said.

Tith Vantha, director of the airport, declined to comment.

**It has been brought to our attention that the images in first source may be accurate, the other links have images of the dead man’s face. 

More sources:


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *