Toxic Mushrooms Kill One, Poison Others

Preah Vihear): An elderly man died on October 23, 2018 after being sent to hospital, while five others suffered sickness after being poisoned after eating mushrooms.

On the afternoon of October 24, 2018, before the incident, the son of the dead man picked the fungi from the forest and gave them to his mother to cook.

 1 hour after eating, both the father and his son began vomiting and had terrible diarrhea.

The two victims were sent to the Kulen district health center, but unfortunately the old man later died. His son was treated at the 16 January Referral Hospital in Preah Vihear province, while the mother and three children only suffered mild symptoms.

The victim was named as Srey Luon, a 67-year-old male and son Srey Yaya.

Sok Veasna, director of the 16 Makara Referral Hospital in Preah Vihear province, said that the victims of serious toxic poisoning were now in his hospital. Their condition is now stable. He also appealed to the people suffering from poisoning to seek medical treatment quickly, so that the doctors can help.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *